On Wednesday I like to try out new recipes. While waiting for my husband, I decided to peruse the Chiropractic Wellness issues for the recipes. I’m not a regular anymore since they put the metal in my back, so I try to find old issues too. Not only are the recipes great, but they feature regions with amazing pictures. The Sao Paulo Beet and Avocado Tower caught my eye, but it was the coconut milk in the shrimp recipe that won me over.
If you have never bought raw shrimp…go for peeled and deveined. I swear it took me almost and hour to peel and devein the whole pound of them! Plus it felt creepy to pull their little legs off…I’m just saying. The plus for buying unpeeled shrimp is making your own seafood stock…I didn’t do that though. I did butterfly the shrimp by slicing down through the back of the shrimp.
This recipe was originally an appetizer, but it would be amazing as a dinner with Italian garlic buttered noodles, brown rice, or quinoa. I even had it the next day on salad.
I love this shrimp because it has a mild island flavor with minimal heat. I think it would be awesome to do out on the grill. Hope you enjoy this quick and easy good for you recipe.
I’m wondering what you think think this recipe would be awesome with?
- 24-26 jumbo Shrimp (aprox 1lb), peeled and deviened
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3T fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- ½tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1T olive oil in non stick pan
- Combine Coconut milk, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a Medium sized bowl. Add shrimp, cover and place in the refrigerator for just 30 min.
- Add oil to a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Take shrimp out of marinade and saute until pink.
- Serve with lemon slices and/or pasta/rice/quinoa
Disclosure: This recipe was slightly altered from Chiropractic Wellness