I am participating in a sponsored campaign for One2One Network. All opinions are my own and I will receive monetary compensation in exchange for sharing with my readers about Give a Minute Help Make-A-Wish.
Every Saturday during September you can make a difference in a child’s life with Straight Talk Wireless. They will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish for each person that visits their participating local Walmart and it only takes a minute to learn more about Straight Talk.
You might be wondering what a $1 can do for a child. It may not seem like much, but the Make-A-Wish Foundation has been a very big deal for my friend and her family. She has two daughters with Cystic Fibrosis. What this means is she will out live her children. They both suffer from breathing and digestive ailments. The girls spend time regularly in a hospital three hours from where they live to do treatments and often find themselves admitted because there immune systems are so poor.
I remember the day when she received the information from the doctors that she should call upon Make-A-Wish for their oldest daughter. Her health was fading quickly that year. I believe she had been in the hospital for several months at that time and her breathing was very bad. They thought her fight was almost over on the earth.
Medical bills can be draining on a pocket book and so can gas an being away from home for long periods of time. When the wonderful people at Make-A-Wish asked her daughter what she wanted to do the most she asked for a Cruise for her family. It wasn’t a typical cruise either. She got to go behind the scenes and visit the kitchen and go on the bridge with the captain. She was treated like royalty. It was such an escape for her and her family to not be just the sick girl.
Straight Talk believes there is nothing greater than granting a sick child’s wish. Last year was the first year they hosted the Give A Minute event and reached their $1,000,000 goal. This year they plan to make their goal of $1,000,000 again, but if they don’t they will donate $500,000 as a minimum to make wishes happen.
You may not live in an area with a participating Walmart, but you can still help these kids and their families by sharing this video (http://straighttalkwish.com/) from now until September 28th. Straight Talk will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish®, up to $100,000 (one donation per viewer, per day) towards their $1,000,000 goal. It’s quick, easy and worth every second!
If you would like to help spread the word through twitter you can use this tweet
Help @MyStraightTalk raise up to $1,000,000 for @MakeAWish! Join their Thunderclap: http://ow.ly/oo5UW
About Straight Talk:
- Straight Talk is a service provided by TracFone Wireless Inc., America’s largest no-contract cell phone provider in the U.S.
- Straight Talk partners with existing wireless networks nationwide to provide no-contract wireless phone service.
- Straight Talk is available exclusively at Walmart and the cost savings of not having to maintain stores is passed directly on to customers.
- Straight Talk has all of the same great phones as the contract carries, including name brands like Samsung, Apple, Windows and LG.
- Straight Talk offers the same networks and the same phones at half the cost.
- Straight Talk provides service in more zip codes than any other wireless carrier and reaches more than 300 million Americans.
- The “ALL YOU NEED” plan for $30 a month to receive 1,000 minutes, 1,000 text or multimedia messages, 30 MB of data transfer for data phones and 411 calls at no additional charge.
- The unlimited plan for $45 a month to receive unlimited talk, text and data Nationwide anytime with calls to 411 at no additional charge.